Denver Wrongful Death Laywer

Get Answers from a Denver Personal Injury Attorney

Wrongful death lawsuits can be filed when one party is proven to be liable for the death of another. These claims can be made for a variety of situations, whether a loved one was killed in a drunk driving accident or due to issues with a defective consumer product. The state of Colorado mandates that the death must have been caused by either the negligence, recklessness, or even intentional behavior of the culpable party.

You can seek compensation. Schedule your complimentary review by calling (303) 622-5508 today.

Who can file a claim?

Wrongful death cases are very similar to personal injury lawsuits; however, because the victim is no longer alive to pursue a claim, family members may step in to file for monetary damages. In the first year following death, only the deceased spouse is allowed to file a wrongful death claim. During the second year, either a surviving spouse or children may file a claim. If there is not a surviving spouse or children, the parents of the deceased or a representative of the estate may file.

Some of the damages that can be recovered in a wrongful death claim include:

  • Lost earnings of the deceased
  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Medical expenses
  • Lost support
  • Lost benefits
  • Lost love, companionship, care, assistance, protection, or affection

Call Our Denver Personal Injury Lawyers – (303) 622-5508

Wrongful death claims are civil lawsuits, meaning that monetary damages may be awarded. Because of the statute of limitations in Colorado, all lawsuits must be filed in a court of law within two years of the date of death. If a family member has died due to the actions of another party, our Denver attorneys at The Vaughn Law Offices are ready to offer you well-informed guidance and compassionate support as we pursue the compensation that your family is rightfully owed. We proudly serve clients throughout the Arapahoe County area.

Contact us today at (303) 622-5508 and learn more!

Request Your Consultation Today.

Send My Information